Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a growing Facility in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centred care. They provide General Paediatric Services, Medical and Surgical Outpatient Consultations and specialized services for Adults.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient’s experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization in the vacant position below:
Reports to: The Pharmacist
- The selected candidate would be responsible for supporting operations within the Pharmacy by processing and dispensing medications, as well as proper inventory management of all drugs.
- He / she would be responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the efficient running of the department in order to deliver quality services to all patients, whilst maintaining the global standards set by the management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patient’s medications by assessing and interpreting drug requests on the Electronic Medical Record to verify all prescriptions.
- Maintain the drug inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock, assessing the most-needed medications and supplies, verifying receipts and removing all outdated drugs.
- Classify, package and label all pharmaceutical products and substances, and dispensing them in the appropriate quantities.
- Ensure the stocking of drugs in the clinic’s pharmacy by assisting the Pharmacist in
- procurement of quality drugs from trusted companies.
- Maintain the safety, order, and complete hygiene of the clinic’s pharmacy and pharmaceutical products at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all safety measures, procedures, rules and regulations of the clinic management.
- Ensure availability of medications by delivering medications to patients appropriately.
- Organize medications for the Pharmacist to approve and dispense by reading medications prescriptions, labelling and calculating drug quantities.
- Prepare reports by collating information and summarizing the cogent details.
- Assist in other required tasks assigned by the Pharmacist.
Qualifications and Experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate with valid license.
- Must be a certified member of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a reputable organization.
- Practical computer skills and decent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with Electronic Medical Records is an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Keen attention to details and strict adherence to instructions and regulations.
- Good documentation ability to prepare detailed reports and summaries.
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of Electronic Medical Record System or willingness to learn)
- Basic mathematics skills for counting and calculating medications.
- Good customer-relations skills and communication abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent and hardworking
- Good team player with proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learn and willingness to take on tasks
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only short listed candidates would be contacted.