1. Purpose of the jobTo develop strong, inspiring digital content that effectively communicates to a range ofmany different audiences. To ensure that content on the website and our e-newsletterssupports our objectives and meets the brand guidelines in style and tone of voice,and is accessible.
The e-newsletter goes out to approximately 300,000 supporters monthly. The websitereceives over 1 million visits per month.
3. Principal Accountabilities
Producing content for website/s and e-newsletters Working from internal client briefs, develop ideas for how content could be developedand formatted to achieve best impact in meeting the objectives e.g. web copy, video,audio, graphics, downloads etc.
-Generate strong, search engine optimized, web copy including articles, Stronix blogs and straplines to engage the public and support objectives.
-Work with in-house specialists (scientist, inspectors, fundraisers, press) to generatenew web content and refresh old content.
-Work with the digital analyst to generaterelevant, search engine optimized, copy that will attract new visitors to the site andsupport the charity’s objectives.
-Review new copy after one month using tools like the Facebook like buttons, rateand review portlets and Google analytics to understand what works well andimplement changes as agreed.
-Create new sections and pages on the website using the website managementsystem.
-Edit/rewrite e-newsletter copy and source images as appropriate.
-Create monthly e-newsletter within the mailing system and prepare forsending.
-Liaise with the broadcast team to source and review video and audio for the websiteand work with the digital marketing team to identify and implement opportunities topromote.
-Manage specific online projects, working with IT and third parties to develop and testfunctions as well as content. Research and edit press releases and case studies for the website.
-Research images and other website resources as required and scanning/croppingphotographs and images for use on website using photo editing software.
-Research new ways to measure engagement with visitors to the site.
Providing administrative support to the website editor
-Providing input at press office and publications editorial team meetings and feedingback any updates to the digital media team
– Gathering and chasing information and assistance from other departments asrequired
Ensuring quality, accuracy and consistency of digital content
– Develop the online writing style guide to ensure consistency across all areas of thewebsite – and consistency with offline publications and brand.
Revise, edit and proof read copy from other contributors as necessary.
– Assist in the development of processes and procedures to publish content on thewebsite Train and mentor appropriate staff on how to write effectively for the weband SEO.
-Take an active role in gathering copy requirements and making creative content andcopywriting suggestions as part of digital media project work.
– Assist the website editor with any other writing or website build tasks, as requested.
– Undertake any other duties as requested.