Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
A Chief Security Officer will be responsible for directing and overseeing the implementation of all safety and security measures for providing a safe environment for guests and team members. In addition, he/she will ensure compliance to all security procedures in line with Hilton standard.
What will I be doing?
As a Chief Security Officer, you are responsible for the safety and security of all Guests, Team Members and contractors, and visitors while at the hotel. A Chief Security Officer is also responsible for the safety and security of the hotel premises. Specifically, the Chief Security Officer will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service:
- Review regularly all policies, systems, and procedures including emergency drills and bomb procedures
- Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities
- Interrogate; analyze situation and handle written/Complaint with a view to correcting erring staff
- Promote safe work practices and ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and preventive measures
- Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety programs and safety training classes. Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards
- Develop, direct and coordinate training of all security officers in all fields of security which includes fire life safety, First Aid, CPR, as well as other Corporate approved programs such as Anti-Terrorism and Workplace Violence training
- Screen, interview, select, manage, review and counsel Security Supervisors and Officers to maintain order throughout the hotel.
- Periodically review Officers and Supervisors’ logs to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Direct and manage Lost-but-Found complaints. Assist as needed with guest issues
- Ensure regular patrol of the property by security officers
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with external agencies including police, fire authorities, and other related services to ensure coordinated approach
- Liaise with Government agencies, parastatals, and local institutions on all security situations and matters for effective planning and necessary action.
- Develop emergency response and Crisis Management plans including evacuation and Business Continuity Planning
- Develop accurate security information system and Surveillance activities that will ensure company readiness to handle emergencies
- Conduct Security Risk and Vulnerability Assessment for all existing and new assets and operations.
- Prepare monthly Security statistical report to management.
What are we looking for?
A Chief Security Officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous security experience, preferably working within an industry which monitored large volumes of people movement
- Previous experience leading and managing a Security / law enforcement team
- In-depth knowledge of security-related systems, practices, legislation, and latest technologies
- Excellent inter-personal skills and personal presentation
- Previous experience in Nigerian security services and/or security certifications will be an added advantage
Interested and qualified? Go to Hilton Worldwide career website on jobs.hilton.com to apply